Questiontyme: How do Snails Move House?
Today is World Animal Day, so here’s an animal-related Question of the Week:
– Daddy, how do snails move house?
– I’m not sure they do, Harry?
– So, do small snails stay small and are big snails born big, then? How are snails born?
– Um. Let me check google.
– What’s google, Daddy?
– It’s something that has all the answers.
– A bit like Mummy?
– Mummy knows lots of things but google knows more [checks google].
– So google’s better than Mummy then?
– Um. Just better if you want to find something out.
– So Mummy’s a bit stupider?
– [Recognising the dangerous ground, changes subject] Soooo… google says that a baby snail is born out of an egg and that as it grows, its shell grows with it.
– Wow. Is that why your tummy is so big, Daddy?
– I don’t think it’s that big, Harry…
– But it’s bigger than it was, isn’t it Daddy?
– Will we need to move house soon, Daddy?
– I… It’s not that big Harry.
– Hmm. Let’s ask Mummy!
– MUMMY, Daddy says you’re stupider than googly. Is his tummy too big?